As everything that is happening with the novel coronavirus and Covid-19 pandemic is changing frequently, so is how we do things. Here’s our latest update:
- Order volume has become much more steady and manageable so we’re open again to all UK deliveries. You don’t need an account to order currently
- We’re shipping 2-3 times a week so things are going out fairly quickly. This may change if order volume suddenly spikes so please bear with us
- We’ve temporarily suspended small Royal Mail parcel deliveries so everything is being dispatched via DHL regardless of weight. This is for 2 reasons. Firstly our local Post Office has now become incredibly busy making safe social distancing difficult and we don’t want to add to the burden on the excellent staff there or put them, us, or others at risk. Secondly the 2nd class post is very delayed at the moment with packages often taking 2-3 weeks to arrive. We can send our packages by other means so we’re going to suspend using Royal Mail to reduce burden while they’re working extra hard with reduced staff.
- We have a reduced stock offering. With increased order volume and stock shortages, we’re focusing on a much smaller range, predominantly our own produced goods of pasta and coffee with a small selection of essentials. It’s hard to say when we’ll have certain items back in stock as it depends on how our suppliers are dealing with their own increased demand. If there’s something in particular you’re waiting for please sign up for a stock alert email on the product page rather than email us to ask when it will be back.
- Now that the panic buying appears to have stopped we’ve removed purchasing restrictions as we know some of you purchase as groups to save on postage. However if we notice orders that look like hoarding start up again we reserve the right to cancel orders.
- You can collect your order from us, but please wait until you have received your order completed email first. Our opening times vary at the moment so we’ll give you our next few days opening times when we mark your order complete. All orders must be placed online, we are not open to casual walk-in orders and you can’t add to your order once you come to collect as our exchange will completely contactless. We ask that you do not travel significantly out of your way to come to us. If you wouldn’t normally come to Arnold to shop and you’d be making a special journey to come then please reconsider if it’s essential to do so. We’d rather everybody stay safe and follow official guidance than make an extra sale.